Roger Young are dedicated to reducing our risk to the environment and have installed a range of innovative features to reduce our environmental impact. Our aim is to help create an environment which supports commitment and longevity.
REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE
- Solar panels have been fitted to the showroom roof to supplement the electricity supply to the building.
- Our showrooms are lit by energy efficient LED lighting.
- Large water tanks are installed on-site to collect rain water, reducing our consumption considerably.
- Waste oil is recycled to provide heating to our workshop areas.
- An industrial shredder is used to destroy confidential paperwork, office paper and brochures which then makes fantastic animal bedding!
- Old, worn or damaged tyres are handled by a local tyre recycling specialist. The tyres are shredded so all the metal within the tyre can be removed. The rubber is then further pulped and ultimately made into insulation materials.
- Wood (pallets) are stacked in a designated are in the yard and reused on site.