- To make an online Service, MOT or Repair booking, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking. You can also specify if you would like this information to be stored in a cookie, so as to avoid repeat typing in subsequent visits. If your car was purchased from Roger Young our aftersales system will already have your information and we will send you a yearly service/MOT reminder, as we are contractually obligated to do so. However, if you are an aftersales customer only then we will ask you at the point of service whether or not you wish to receive service or MOT reminders and/or general Roger Young Group marketing.
- When you search our New Car Special Offers or Used Car Stock Locator we may store information on the vehicles you searched for in a cookie so that we can personalise site content.
- We may track what type of vehicles you view so that we can make suggestions and personalise site content.
- We monitor visitor usage patterns to help us continually improve the site.
- To make an online enquiry and book a test drive we would need your name, contact information and a copy of your driver’s license, we will store a copy of this for 1 week.
- Similarly if you take a courtesy car from our service department then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver’s license, we will store a copy of this until the car is returned.
- Occasionally, we may use your e-mail address to send you information about changes to this website, we will ask you for permission to do so.
- Phone calls may be recorded, and any recorded calls will be retained for a maximum of 18 months and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
- Please be aware that if your online enquiry leads to the purchase of a vehicle from Roger Young, then at the point of sale (under a contractual obligation) we will collect your full name, address, two contact telephone numbers, date of birth, drivers license details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and any details of the vehicle you are part exchanging including mileage and MOT information if relevant. Your details will be retained in line with all regulatory laws and for no longer than 4 years unless you have transacted with us after this date. Your details will not be used for marketing purchases unless you have given us permission to contact you in this way.
- If finance is required when purchasing a vehicle we will be required to collect further details including your marital and housing status, number of dependents, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details as well as a copy of your driver’s license, a proof of address (i.e. a utility bill) and any other relevant documentation. This information will be passed by Roger Young with your permission to the finance companies and if you are approved for finance the copies of your documentation will be securely shredded after 3 months. Your personal information will be stored on your order form which will be kept for 6 years after which it will be removed.
- If your online enquiry leads you to visit Roger Young we use CCTV to monitor the premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 21 days. We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us and you can select this by ticking the relevant boxes on the form where we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing from Roger Young we may e-mail to inform you of new products available from companies within the Roger Young group. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your name and email address to send out this information.
Access to Your Information
You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Data Protection Officer, Roger Young Ltd, Saltash Parkway, Saltash, PL12 6LF or by emailing email@example.com.If you wish to have the information the Company holds on your person removed, please request this in writing to Data Protection Officer, Roger Young Ltd, Saltash Parkway, Saltash, PL12 6LF or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law, or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Data Storage and Use of Data Outside of the European Economic Area
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).Some of our third party contractors are based outside of the EEA however, we have strict control over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your data outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to another member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 – Jaguar Land Rover (01672070)We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Roger Young or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers and we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. All third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data. Your data is used including in the following circumstances:
- We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.